- Amanruya is hands down one of my favourite hotels yet. If you are looking for a Maldives experience of total privacy and peace and quiet without travelling as far this is the place for you.
- All of the 36 pavilions have their own private heated pools and large outdoor area, perfect for a morning swim before breakfast. The rooms themselves are huge at 75 square metres with four poster beds, a seating area and a bathroom to die for. We opted for the garden view room which was heavenly and not too far from the main pool and restaurants.
- The food was delicious with some really great Turkish and Mediterranean options. We feasted on predominantly Turkish dishes, with some healthy dishes thrown in. The Bodrum breakfast is a must. My only negative would be the BBQ is literally three times the price of any other dinner we had, so perhaps avoid that although it was good.
- The staff were brilliant, friendly and discreet. At the beach they were on hand to keep our water cooled and our towels fresh….what more could you want.
- The main hub of the hotel is set around the public pool which is stunning. The beach is a 10-minute walk or a 3-minute buggy ride which we opted for as we seemed to get lazier and lazier every day. The sea is crystal clear and we spent most of our days rolling from the sun lounger on the jetty straight into the sea to cool off before hopping back on to our beds to decide what iced coffee to have next!
- We did however manage to do some yoga which was well worth it. The spa treatments were also fantastic. I would suggest booking in with the local yoga teacher for one of his massages.
Need to Know
Demir Mevkii, Bülent Ecevit Cd., 48483 Bodrum/Muğla, Turkey
36 pavilions all with private pools
Turkish and European
2 treatment rooms
Gym, tennis, yoga and a 50 metre pool
Welcome but no facilities
Approximately €900 per night (if you book direct, they have good offers)