- Casa Cruz was the first London eating-house of Chilean-born, former investment banker Juan Santa Cruz (the other being Isabel in Mayfair) and he has three other restaurants in Buenos Aires.
- Casa Cruz is arguably the most glamorous eatery you will find in Notting Hill. We’re so used to unassuming chic that this can feel a bit out of place in our neighbourhood, but we wholeheartedly welcome its’ dash of New York glamour.
- The large copper door to Casa Cruz is a teasing nod to the interior design that awaits you inside and is always manned by a welcoming doorman resplendent in bowler hat!
- The space has a clubby vibe with floor to ceiling burnished copper walls, plush blue carpets, an oval cocktail bar replete with sultry mixologists and banks of mirrors line the staircase to the cosier second floor.
- The chic first floor terrace is lovely in the summer and essential for customers who want to round off their meal with a cigar.
- We love the food, although not all do, with its low carb/no carb approach. Our ‘go to’ is the tuna tartar or buffalo mozzarella, which sounds dull, but the simplicity of quality ingredients take such dishes to another level of enjoyment. Whilst we’re not huge meat eaters, the steaks are divine.
- Service can be patchy, which doesn’t seem to matter so long as our glasses are full.
Need to Know
123 Clarendon Road, London, W11 4JG, England
The simplest dishes are frequently the best on this menu