- Clare Smyth’s utterly divine restaurant in Notting Hill.
- We’d been reluctant to try Core given the tasting menu, white table cloth vibe and waiting list, but we would have been missing out on a real find.
- This is the most beautifully executed restaurant we have ever been to.
- From the moment you walk into the intimate bar you notice an incredible attention to detail.
- The open plan kitchen and chef's table are beautifully lit and the perfectly proportioned restaurant is modern, warm, sleek and sophisticated.
- We can be a tough crowd and judge a place on its Martini alone, but this challenged Per See's cocktail skills.
- There were no white table cloths (thank God) but rather insanely sophisticated cream leather tables.
- The food was uniquely presented on logs covered in moss, which were works of art, but not poncy. It wasn’t ridiculous over indulgence with too much froth, but rather impeccably sized mouthfuls of fresh, fantastic flavours.
- The staff are passionate about their work.
- We had the classic tasting menu, offering 6 teeny courses, but there’s the option of a more hearty 8 courses or à la carte.
Need to Know
Amazing restaurant - book ahead!
92 Kensington Park Road, London, W11 2PN, England
We’re starving for chic bars in Notting Hill. Go here for cocktails with girlfriends and have a few delicious nibbles while you’re there
Why on earth would you?!