- Situated at the foot of the Acropolis in the centre of Athens is Ergon House, a food lovers heaven. On the ground floor is the restaurant and market place which includes a greengrocer, butchers, fishmongers, bakery and delicatessen. We feasted on some traditional Greek dishes and each mouthful was better than the last.
- The rooms are all relatively small but make the perfect base whilst exploring Athens. The interiors are stylish and minimal, using natural materials and traditional crafts. Each room has exceptionally large windows with fantastic views over the Parthenon and city.
- As a guest of Ergon House you have access to the gym, rooftop terrace and the communal kitchen where you can cook some of the finest ingredients from the market on the ground floor.
- The staff are all young local hipsters so ask their advice on where to go.
- If you are visiting Athens for a few days to really explore the city then this is the perfect place to stay.
Need to Know
Boutique hotel with a food market on the ground floor
23 Mitropoleos Street, Athens 10557 Greece
Great food market
Welcome but no facilities
£250 per night