- Heckfield Place is a stunning countryside hotel in the heart of Hampshire. It is definitely my favourite place to go to escape city life for a few days. It’s a huge plus it only takes an hour to get there from London and once you’re in the hotel it feels like you’re in a different world. You start relaxing instantly.
- It’s fair to say that this hotel is undoubtably a level above any other we have had the pleasure of staying at. Although prices are not for the faint hearted, you can understand why from the moment you enter. The staff are all immaculately presented, warm and helpful, with the most fabulous uniforms. They even manage to make Covid masks look stylish.
- The interiors give a sense of serenity with their soft palate and unbelievable attention to detail. An Interesting and impressive art collection throughout the building makes it feel more like a home than a hotel. For me its the little things that one gets excited about...the mini bar. It is like no other with home made snacks and fresh milk from their own cows.
- Skye Gyngell cannot fail to impress with her delicious menus in both Marlè and Hearth. The food is so fresh its incredible and no surprise given its grown on the estates own farm. Who knew I could manage a 3 courses breakfast? But with food this good there should be no restraint.
- Be sure to make use of the gym with the world class Bodyism team who took us through our paces with a focused PT session before we headed off for a cold water dip in the beautiful lake.
- The Little Bothy Spa uses its very own ethically sourced, all natural products from the hotels own Wildsmith Skin range and focuses on facials and massages. I’m incredibly excited for the opening of Heckfields new spa that’s on the horizon, which I have no doubt will be outstanding.
- Lubelle tip: when you arrive order some of their own bread, fresh produce and flowers so you can take a little bit of Heckfield home with you (they need 24 hours notice)!
Need to Know
Georgian hotel set in 400 acres
Heckfield Place, Hampshire, RG27 0LD, England
2 Restaurants - Marle and Hearth (set menu) - plus the Moon Bar
Lead by Skye Gyngell, a simple approach to fresh produce
Little Bothy spa (offering all-natural treatments)
The Little Bothy offers personal training, yoga and pilates from bodyism
They are welcome but not a huge amount to do and no creche. I would leave mine at home
From £350 per night