- Boutique hotel Macakizi is a haven of tranquillity and exclusivity on the Turkish Aegean coast. Why not arrive by seaplane straight onto the hotel’s private beach? Now that’s how you make an entrance!
- No fighting over sun loungers here! Plenty adorn the beautiful decked platforms that wrap around the water’s edge by the hotel’s private beach. White-sail awnings cover bars that are but a step away. No need to over exert oneself!
- The roof top restaurant offers panoramic views of the bay in which the hotel nestles. Chilled rosé in hand and a varied, seafood-focused menu. We enjoyed octopus with black risotto and grilled grouper with red pepper coulis. Absolutely delicious!
- Make time to retreat to the open air Nuxe Spa with its glass-fronted hammam, bespoke beauty treatments, personal fitness sessions or pilates classes overlooking the bay.
- Our room was spacious, comfortable and simply furnished in neutral tones, with an ocean view and bougainvillea stroon private terrace. Perfect for a little “me time.”
- The delicious buffet breakfast tantalises the taste buds with tasty Turkish dishes, but the à la Carte menu offers regular fare. We were blown away by the Halloumi and unable to resist the moreish Baklava, by far the best we’ve ever devoured.
- Sahir, the owner, lives on site and knows how to throw a great party. After dinner, the music slowly cranks up making it the ultimate destination for a fun fuelled break.
Need to Know
Deck smitten style by the sea
Göltürkbükü Mahallesi, Narçiçeği Sokak, 48400, Göltürkbükü, Bodrum, Turkey
Small, so book ahead
The layout of the grounds is not ideal for toddlers, but all children are welcome. Babysitting service available
Rooms start at £450 per night and includes a buffet (buffet breakfast and 3 course dinner)