- La Mamounia really decadent hotel for a grown-up break. The lobby can feel a bit corporate, but I love the grandeur.
- The staff are impeccable and on hand 24/7 to help with anything.
- The food was faultless. Breakfast is around the pool and don’t miss the delicious Italian restaurant, L’Italien. Even if you aren’t staying at the hotel you should definitely dine here.
- A cocktail pre-dinner on the terrace is a must. Great for people watching.
- The rooms are beautifully done, but a touch on the small side.
- The pool is where everyone hangs out in the day time. Bring your best pool attire because you will be lying next to the worlds rich and famous.
- Don’t leave without visiting the spa and particularly the hammam, a real Moroccan tradition.
- Whether you want a designer cocktail dress or a local Moroccan artefact the shops at the Mamounia have it covered. Don’t forget to bring the credit cards.
Need to Know
A palace hotel in the heart of Marrakesh
Avenue Bab Jdid, 40 040 Marrakesh, Morocco
Range of rooms, suites and three riads
Le Marocain: a traditional Moroccan restaurant. L’Italien: an authentic Italian restaurant. Le Français: Gourmet French cuisine. Le Pavilion De La Piscine: built around the pool serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
Amazing facilities including a private spa, 2 traditional Hammams and a heated indoor pool with ozone sanitation system to name a few
A fully kitted gym with a kinetic exercise room
They had a great little kids club, with lots of afternoon activities
From £300 per night depending on the room type and season