- The décor at Lime Wood Hotel, Hampshire, is grown up country casual. I prefer the interiors in the main areas to that of the rooms.
- The staff are young and friendly creating a relaxed vibe. Don’t miss out on a pre-dinner cocktail with the incredibly knowledgeable bar staff.
- Hartnett Holder & co is the perfect setting for a romantic meal, sumptuous seating with the most delicious Italian dishes, all locally sourced and in season. The wine list is also worth a try with some spectacular reds to choose from. After a heavy dinner you can try the raw restaurant for a healthy lunch.
- Lime wood has so much to offer, I always leave planning my return. Don’t miss out on the aerial yoga.
- We have stayed several times, always opting for the outside suites with separate seating areas. The bed linen and pillows are some of the best we have experienced. My husband ordered the entire range before we left!
- Don’t miss out on the spa and the great shop, plus its worth a long walk through the forests to see the wild ponies.
- Definitely go and visit ‘The Pig’, for a meal whilst staying at at the Hampshire hotel. I gather it makes a good bike ride, but we always drive.
Need to Know
Set in the heart of the stunning New Forest National Park, Lime Wood is a laid-back luxury hotel
Lime Wood, Beaulieu Rd, Lyndhurst, Hampshire SO43 7FZ, England
Many cabins, cottages and eaves (which are in the main house)
Hartnett Holder & Co restaurant and The Smoke House are just a few places to eat
Everything from Mediterranean fruit and veg in The Greenhouse to Italian dishes in Hartnett Holder & Co restaurant.
Herb House Spa instils a sense of calm with facilities including an indoor hydro pool and a mud house
Starts at £395 per night