- Who knew you could find a true safari with luxury and adventure in our very own England! Port Lympne in Kent is owned by the Aspinall family and is situated in 700 acres of beautiful, wild land. The reserve runs as a family operation and you can sense the warmth between staff members and the shared love they have for the animals and the work they are doing.
- Home cooked and home grown food. Nothing is overly done, just good simple food.
- Golf buggies to get around. You have your own private garden with an open fire pit perfect for toasting Marshmallows! There are 15 acres of exquisite manicured gardens to stroll through taking in the many fountains and fun maze.
- At Port Lympne there are lots of options for accommodation. Glamping, hotel, unique treehouse stays or we stayed in one of the divine Wolf Lodges in the heart of the reserve. This had been recently refurbished to its historical splendour. Cosy, comfy and well thought out.
- Your kids can be a Junior Ranger for 6 hours getting behind the scenes with an animal specialist or experience a day in the Keepers Academy learning how to care for rare and endangered species. My favourite was the animal experience – half an hour encounter with one of the endangered species of your choice, giving you an opportunity to get up close and where possible feed and pet the animals. I LOVED coming face to face with the Rhino and her baby, stroking their faces and stuffing them with carrots!
Need to Know
A hotel safari reserve with over 760 animals and unique safari accommodation
Port Lympne Reserve, Nr. Ashford, Kent, CT21 4PD, Englan
Everything from glamping or treehouse hotel to a bubble room
Babydoll's Wood Fired Pizza restaurant, Port Lympne Hotel Restaurant, Bar & Moroccan Courtyard and Pinewood Café
As much as possible is homegrown and locally sourced in the restaurants. Babydoll’s provides authentic Italian cuisine whilst the hotel restaurant provides contemporary food
Plenty for them to do from becoming a Junior Ranger for the day to feeding the gorillas
From £159 per person