- Riva is owned by Andrea Riva, who in his beautifully low key way, will take you to the Italy of your dreams.
- Arguably the best sign that the hand of the owner is over everything is the fact that when he can’t be there, Andrea simply closes the restaurant.
- For those who are fortunate enough to visit regularly, no menu is required. Andrea will send out a flow of dishes as he sees fit. Also known to regularly eat at Riva are a fair few well known London chefs. That should tell you everything you need to know.
- If you aren’t a regular, don’t be afraid to ask for advice. The staff are wonderful, with a lovely warmth. They are not afraid to tell you what they think. We feasted on spinach soup that was so green and fresh and then the zabaglione for pudding. Who knew that Italy could be found in SW13?
- The atmosphere is relaxed and low-key. A long, narrow slip of a room, simply furnished with a high ceiling.
Need to Know
169 Church Road, Barnes, London, SW13 9HR, England