- Six senses Laamu offers rustic barefoot luxury. Absolute bliss. I have never been so relaxed.
- The staff were amazing, with your own 'gem' to arrange all restaurant bookings and spa treatments. If, like us, you want to have very little interaction with the outside world then they leave you to it, but they are at the end of the phone if needs be.
- The food at Six Senses was totally incredible, and I loved the healthy options. Breakfast was a foodie’s feast.
- Leaf, offering locally sourced food and Zen the Japanese were my favourite restaurants.
- The water villas are the perfect hideaway, with your own deck and access to the sea. We hardly ever left. The beds were so comfortable and the glass bottomed bath is a definite must, not to mention the outside shower.
- Bicycling around the island to reach our next meal or spa treatment brought back the child in me and was the ultimate sense of freedom.
- Check out the yoga and the open-air cinema.
- You won’t ever want to leave.
Need to Know
A luxury Maldives resort with a combination of on-land and over-water villas constructed of sustainable materials and set around the palm-fringed paradise
Olhuveli Island, Laamu Atoll, Maldives
Combination of beach villas and water villas as well as 2 two-bedroom villas with private pools
Numerous dining highlights from Leaf, the resorts signature restaurant to Longitude, an overwater restaurant
Access to lots of amazing food with Zen offering Japanese fusion cuisine with a modern twist
Set right on the beach, the spa offers 4 uniquely designed couple's treatment nests, four secluded couple's treatment pavilions plus one Ayurvedic treatment pavilion, all amongst the island’s natural vegetation
Personalised wellness programmes can be created on request as well as lots of yogic programmes
They had a great little kids club, with lots of afternoon activities
From £700 per night depending on room type and season