- Jos and I took The Point over for a weekend with friends and it was the most incredible experience ever! We felt like we stepped back in time to a place of understated luxury.
- Set in the Adirondack mountains and built by the Rockefellers as a woodland retreat, The Point seamlessly combines a rustic simplicity with extraordinary luxury. Full of art and antiques, these log buildings wrap themselves around you. If you truly want to escape, then this is the destination for you. There is no wifi, meaning you will no doubt have a much-needed digital detox.
- At our request, they laid on a disco for us in the ‘pub’ on the Friday night and we danced until dawn. Some party-goers took boats out and others got lost in the middle of the forest hitch hiking to get home! True revellers.
- On the Saturday night, we had a 1920’s inspired black tie dinner which started with cocktails and nibbles being served on their decadent canal boat.
- The 11 guest rooms all have their own distinct personality, each with a roaring log fire. The Boathouse offers the quintessential lakeside experience.
- As expected, the service is flawless. The staff are intuitive and exude a unique kindness with their hosting and are passionate about the beautiful landscape in which they work, making your stay truly memorable. The only problem is you wish you could take them all home with you.
- All food and beverage is included in the price of your stay. The kitchen is 24/7 meaning you can request whatever you want, when you want it. Why not join chef, Loic Leperlier, when he heads out foraging for the evening meal. In a wonderfully old-fashioned way, black tie is expected at dinner on Wednesday and Saturday evenings.
- The Point is camp for adults. The lakes offer truly wonderful outdoor activities all year round. In summer it is all about hiking, fishing, boating, kayaking, swimming, tennis and waterskiing. In the winter you can ice fish, ice skate, try your hand at curling and walk. Or, you can just curl up by a log fire, make yourself a cocktail, turn up the jukebox in the pub and read a great book.
- Try and visit in the Fall and watch the leaves change colour before your very eyes and meditate to the ripples and reflections on the lake.
Need to Know
A secluded 75-acre estate
The Point, 222 Beaverwood Rd, Saranac Lake, NY 12983, USA
11 distinctive guest rooms across 4 specific original log buildings
Menus are carefully planned well in advance, taking into account seasonal offerings, dietary restrictions and preferences of each guest. Specialty food items from local farms or rarities flown in from places afar
No - guests have to be 21 years old.
Nightly rates inclusive for 2 adults: £1340