- Uxua Casa Hotel & Spa can only be described as Paradise. We fell in love the moment we arrived. Original design with a touch of Bohemia, this eco hotel is the spot for any lucky traveller. Delicious hot pinks and seaside blues surround you with lots of natural woods and original pieces created by the owner himself.
- Each Casa is unique but carries the same authentic vibe throughout. We were lucky enough to stay in 2 that we loved equally. Each home has many tiers so it’s exciting when you arrive to keep discovering new nooks and crannies for sunning, reading, eating and relaxing.
- Fresh local Brazilian dishes completely blew me away. And although I’m not a bread eater, I just couldn’t deny the offerings at breakfast.
- Bahia Provence was cut off from Brazil until the 1970’s when the hippies moved in and you feel that as you wander through the pedestrian only square.
- It is a former fishing village off the beaten track, but you feel part of the picture eating supper and watching the local boys play a pretty fantastic game of football on the grassy expanse before you.
- The open-air bars, restaurants and markets are so special and fun. I felt drunk before I’d even sipped the Caipirinhas.
- Uxua Casa Hotel & Spa is run by locals who love their life, which makes for a great and happy (if a little slow) team.
Need to Know
Boutique casa hotel
UXUA Casa Hotel & Spa, Quadrado, Trancoso, Bahia, Brazil
Restored fisherman’s houses & Eco tree houses
Tonnes of treatments available with both home-made and native ingredients
Fully kitted fitness studio with yoga and capoeira classes
£350+ per night